Vascular Ultrasound Technologist
Maine Medical Partners
Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Vascular Ultrasound Technologist to join our team.
This position is responsible for performing ultrasound testing to assist in the diagnosis of peripheral vascular disease while maintaining the highest standards of patient care and proficiency with appropriate clinical protocols.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Degree in sonography/vascular technology from an accredited school.
- Graduation from an accredited Vascular Technology program with RVT credentials required.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum two years practice or hospital vascular/ultrasound experience preferred.
- Experience dealing with Q/A, and accreditation programs preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instrumentation, patient care and medical ethics.
- Skill in performing mathematical and scientific calculations.
- Ability to explain technical procedures and results to patients in user-friendly manner.
- Knowledge of safety, infection control, quality assurance and confidentiality regulations.
- Knowledge of crash cart emergency procedures and contents and proper response to emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.
To apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Maine Medical Partners
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine’s breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine’s beautiful rivers and lakes.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.