This position is located in the Imaging Service and is under the general supervision oftheChief of Radiology. The selected Staff Radiologists' scope of practice includes, but isnot limited to:
* Interprets general radiology examinations (plain film, CT, US, NM, MRI, DEXA).
* Performs fluoroscopic examinationswith the assistance of a licensed Technologist.
*May perform basic interventional procedures under CT guidance, Ultrasound guidance or Fluoroscopic guidance.
* May interpret mammography and other breast imaging studies if MSQA certified.
*May participate inadministrative, and academic activities as required.
* Interprets Duplex Carotid studies as provided by Doppler Ultrasound examination.
* Interprets Nuclear Medicine studies such as Bone Scan, HIDA, MUGA, Thyroid, etc.
* Participates in Quality Management activities such as film quality, clerical checks, peer review, Tumor Board and other activities as required.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) withcall coverage as needed. Basic Requirements:
Functional Statement Title/#:000000
* U.S. Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed only if it not possible to recruit qualified citizens).
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
* Completion of a U.S. accredited residency, or its equivalent, in Diagnostic Radiology.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* Provider of Basic Life Support.
*Preferred candidates for this position will be Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Radiology.
*The greatest immediate need is for Radiologists with fellowship training or significant experience in MSK, Body and Neuroradiology.However, General Radiologists and well trained Radiologists of other subspecialties are encouraged to apply.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds), reaching above the shoulder; use of fingers and both hands; walking (4 hours), standing (4 hours), correctable vision and hearing; mental and emotional stability; hearing (aid permitted).
Reference:VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(VA FORM 10-2850 Signed and dated)
*Other Veterans Document
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1.CV or Resume. (Required)
2.VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and
Chiropractors (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf) This form must be signed and dated.(Required)
3. Optional form 306 - Declaration of Federal Employment: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf(Required)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1953287.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.