Job Summary: Performs all required ultrasound and clinical at a technical level not requiring direct supervision. Assists the Supervisor with the daily operations of the vascular laboratory and training staff as needed.
1. Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic vascular laboratory examinations.
2. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images.
3. Coordinates work schedule with Supervisor/Director and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
4. Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while in the technologist/sonographers care.
5. Assists with the daily operations of the vascular laboratory
1. Vocational or Technical training in Vascular Technology required. Bachelor's degree in Vascular technology preferred.
2. Registration Reg Diagnostic Med Sonographer required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and Registered Vascular Tech (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
3. 5-8 years related work experience required.
4. New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
5. Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Internal Number: 27301BR
About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
We are passionate about caring for our patients like they are family, finding new cures, using the finest and the latest technologies, and teaching and inspiring caregivers of tomorrow. We put people at the center of everything we do, because we believe in medicine that puts people first. Our mission is supported by a workforce committed to individual accountability, mutual respect and collaboration. We recognize that the diversity, talent, innovation, and commitment of all of our employees contribute to our strength and are a major component of our success. We greatly value the leadership and participation of our trustees, overseers and donors who make an invaluable contribution to our ability to carry out our mission to serve patients, students, science and our community.