Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Operates ultrasound equipment used to produce quality routine and fairly complex diagnostic scans to ensure optimal patient care.
- Prefer successful graduation from an ultrasound program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
- Must have one year of experience in specialty area.
- Must be registered as a Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers and registered in the subspecialty of abdomen ARDMS (AB) with current active status.
- Must be registered in vascular technology (RVT) OR hold a registered vascular specialist (RVS) credential from Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card or obtain certification during initial orientation at Parkland from one of the following.
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of both normal and abnormal anatomy.
- Must be proficient in general ultrasound and vascular exams.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient cantered/patient valued behaviors.
Internal Number: 111865
About Parkland Hospital
As one of the largest public hospital systems in the country, Parkland Health & Hospital System is dedicated to providing valuable health and well-being services to those entrusted to our care. When you embark on a career at Parkland, you join a team of engaged employees driving great service and excellence in patient care. You have the opportunity to apply your skills and advance your career goals. We blend cultures, talents and experiences into an exemplary health and hospital system. Your meaningful career starts at Parkland. What’s special about Parkland goes far beyond the impressive numbers—or even the state-of-the-art facilities. As the community hospital for Dallas, Parkland’s tradition of providing exceptional care stretches back for over a century.
Today, many of Parkland's specialty areas have garnered national praise for excellence in care, research, and technological innovation. Every step of the way, our talented professionals have maintained the highest standards of service and performance, recognizing the intrinsic worth of each patient and the importance of every interaction.
We understand that the people of Parkland are the key to our success, and we support... our employees with the tools and resources they need to excel. We’ve created a collaborative work environment where respect, authenticity, and transparency are valued.