The Ultrasonagrapher must possess a knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology. Ability to recognize subtle differences between health and pathological areas. To concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and attend to tasks for 45 to 60 minutes at a time. Ability to understand and relate to the concepts behind specific ideas and remember multiple tasks given to self and others over long periods of time, able to communicate verbally using advanced level vocabulary.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. ID's each patient, reviews each chart and prior exams for consistency (exam ordered/clinical diagnosis), and records pertinent data on requisition at all times.
2. Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of restraint/support devices.
3. Reviews each exam for technical accuracy, presents completed exams to radiologist & communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for care of the patient following exam.
4. Identifies anatomical orientation on all required images, and ensures proper film identification on all images.
5. Demonstrates ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and by implementing the physician's orders.
6. Performs examinations accurately and timely manner by responding to changes in work schedule.
7. Demonstrates ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and by implementing the physician's orders.
8. Performs proper computer skills to include all appropriate edits, status changes, charges and any other process necessary for proper patient charges.
Completion of an accredited ultrasound program
Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or required within 6 months of hire.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.