Summary: Performs non-invasive vascular studies with a high degree of accuracy and analytical skills. Responsible to obtain information in terms of the patient's needs, and knowledge of growth and development.
**$2,000 sign-on bonus for qualified external applicants!**
Responsibilities: 1. Admits, observes and discharges patients from the laboratory.
2. Verifies physician's order on the chart or phone orders specifying procedure to be performed.
3. Checks patient's ID and verbally confirms identification, if possible.
4. Introduces self to the patient and explains procedures prior to each vascular study & answers patient's questions.
5. Tests patients for the following; peripheral arterial disease, carotid and vertebral, vasculogenic impotence, & for venous disease.
6. Vascular Technologist 2 will be responsible to obtain information in terms of the patient's needBAches, and knowledge of growth & development.
7. Notifies physician of preliminary results, if a severely abnormal study is obtained, before releasing the patient.
8. Implements STAT orders within 15 minutes and routine orders within 24 hours.
9. Attends continuing education programs and m&atory inservices on a timely basis.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Registered Vascular Technologist. Thorough knowledge in anatomy, physiology, disease process, and complex instrumentation. Converts clinical findings into accurate preliminary results. ARDMS or CCI required. Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8 - 7:30-4pm; 8-4:30pm; 8:30am-5pm; 9-5:30pm
Credentials: ARDMS or CCI required.
Education: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Internal Number: 1141
About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.