Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, specifically abdominal organs and the reproductive system, brain and small parts.
2. Recognizes and demonstrates ability to differentiate normal and abnormal sonographic anatomy with regard to specific age groups.
3. Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis.
4. Performs examinations competently and efficiently within department protocol.
5. Properly prepares and sets up equipment for special examinations.
6. Displays sterile technique without contamination, takes appropriate action should this occur.
7. Demonstrates reliability when on-call and follows policies and procedures regarding call.
8. Completes basic charting, interprets orders correctly investigates vague or seemingly incorrect orders, recognizes correct date and time for examination and checks for or obtains proper consent.
9. Maintains records of examination data, history sheets and presents case to radiologist in a timely manner.
10. Schedules procedures to coordinate with other patient examinations including outside service exams and informs patient or nurse of any preparation.
11. Charges patients necessary fees when required.
12. Maintains stock supplies or notifies supervisor of supplies, which are not adequately stocked.
13. Assists students with patient handling, scanning, techniques and critiques films. Informs supervisor of studentsï¿½ progress.
14. Delivers in-patient reports to floor when requested. Phones outpatient reports to doctorï¿½s office.
15. Transports patient when needed, recognizes patient needs (O2, IV fluids, etc.), maintains patient safety and displays correct body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient.
16. Cleans and maintains equipment; takes measures to prevent breakdown of equipment (e.g., proper handling of transducers, supplies, etc.).
17. Obtains service when equipment malfunctions and/or notifies supervisor of problem.
18. Displays knowledge of front office procedures including filing, processing requests, use of computer and telephone.
19. In the absence of supervisor, assures department policies and procedures are followed and productivity meets standards.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to obtain Radiologic Technologist certification from the state of California and current California Radiologic Technologist license.
Current registration from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Current American Heart Association BLS certification. RDMS eligible in abdomen and OB-GYN. RDMS eligible in abdomen and OB-GYN.
Minimum one year Hospital experience preferred.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905045257
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.