Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Days 40 hours per week. This position will be in our Ambulatory Surgery Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Checks all voice messages daily and follows up on scheduling request.
· Reviews next day schedule and promptly follows up on missing elements.
· Accurately searches for patient information during the scheduling process to avoid duplicate medical record.
· Accurately verifies patient insurance information and assigns the proper insurance plan and financial class in HIS.
· Accurately verifies/obtains patient demographic information during scheduling process.
· Verifies that physician orders have appropriate signature and diagnosis information.
· Validates procedure/test scheduled is appropriate to physician orders.
· Understands all preps for any procedure or surgeries and communicates preps to physician and/or patient at time of scheduling.
· Comprehends CPT and procedure codes provided to physician offices
· Accurately gives instructions and/or procedure preparations to patients and physician offices.
· Creates QPA for all scheduled accounts.
· Promptly uses the HPF system when completing the scheduling process to ensure account is assigned to insurance verification.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Communication skills are a must/plus, incumbent must be able to function effectively under stress.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Familiarity with software packages and navigation techniques.
· Must be able to work under high stress volumes, multi task, detail oriented and works independently.
· Knowledge of medical terminology required.
· Previous work experience in a radiology outpatient setting required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year of office experience in a medical setting is preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Population-specific communication
· Fax, copier, scanner
· EMS, ERS
· McKesson/STAR, HPF, QCI
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Primary function is to schedule and create QPA accounts for patient diagnostic imaging to include the use of online ordering systems, authorizations, Obtain a good rapport with physician office staff for follow up. Answering incoming calls in a professional manner from physician office and patients requesting appointments. Returning calls within 24 hours on all messages left.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.